Saturday, May 19, 2007

Entry #26 - The Road to Destruction Is Paved with Good Intentions

This is going to be an evil entry. Em is evil. Therefore Em will like this entry.

***

The road to destruction is paved with good intentions:-

Example #1 - Gifts, specifically useless gifts

I'm Asian. I'm not above accepting cold, hard cash as gifts. It makes a wonderful gift. Truly, you should try it next time. Unless you know for certain that I've said at some point in time I wanted a specific item AND that you are certain I STILL want that item, cash is a fantastic alternative. After that, gift certificates (to some places that I will USE, like Amazon or eBay) are almost just as good. (And thanks for that Amazon gift certificate, Em. It turned into our wonderful panini grill that Hubby loved. :D)

Every time we move we rediscover this try and true fact:- almost every gift we received are bulky and useless. It takes up space and waste the movers time, whom by the way, we paid hourly.

What's more annoying than bulky useless gifts are gifts given by friends for Christmas after they specifically said, "Let's not exchange gifts this year." Followed by, "It's just something small." Thanks for making me feel like a moron.

Nobody who knows me remotely would argue with you that I'm vindictive. I live by it. In addition to being vindictive, I also have a very good memory, so I hold grudges for, like, forever. My tip to any new acquaintances are usually: "just don't cross me."

So, my solution to friends who give me nongift gifts are:- return their favor -- buy them a gift. Make sure it's the BIGGEST (as in size) you can find within your price range. Something that's meant to be displayed in the living quarters but mortifying. And make sure that's its ABSOLUTELY useless.

Example #2: "Oh, c'mon."

I don't like kids. Kids annoy to me. Kids always seem to be under the impression that they can get whatever they want (because that's the belief their parents instill in them). For the good ones who don't make that ear piercing screetching sound, they go "please, please, please, please, please." Because they believe that "please" will get them what they want.

The adult version of "please please please please please" is "oh, c'mon." A mature adult will understand that a no is a no. And it doesn't just apply when a male is making a move on a female. A no is always a no. I know the word "yes." When I meant to say "yes," you will hear "yes."

I hate having pictures taken. For some reasons others just seem to have a difficult time comprehending that. Hence the "oh, c'mon." "Oh, c'mon, I just want a picture of you." "Oh, c'mon." I just hate "Oh, c'mon."

Going forward I should just make faces in all pictures till they give up. I'll show you Oh, c'mon.

No comments: