Thursday, April 26, 2007

Entry #3 - Bread Mix

Even though this entry is also done on 4/25, but in an effort to fulfill (compete with?) Em's goal of one blog a day, I am going to pre-date this for tomorrow. And going forward, any extra blog entries of a day will automatically increment in one day interval. :D

***

So once upon a time I bought two boxes of bread machine mix for my husband ("Hubby"). But because Hubby is such a big admirer of the greatest American hero, he decided to lost the instruction manual that came with the bread machine. And since we couldn't figure out whether it is a 1 lb or 1.5 lb bread machine, the two bread mix just sat in the kitchen pantry and endured at least two moves with us. Finally I said to myself one day, "Screw it! I am just going to proceed as if it's a 1.5 lb bread machine" and made these what I think was God awful tasting bread. Hey, don't judge me. I'm Asian. I'm more the rice kind of gal if you know what I mean. ;) Regardless, Hubby just loved it. Then he turned into Belle (in Disney's rendition of Beauty & the Beast), "But daddy (wifey in this case), all I want is just a rose (bread mix)." And for reasons beyond understand, bread machine mix is obviously a rare commodity in my area. :O

So yesterday I surfed to this wonderful website that offers some 50+ kinds of bread machine mix -- The Prepared Pantry. I absolutely refused to pay shipping and handling that cost more than the item I purchase. That's just ludicrous. BUT the wonderful The Prepared Pantry offers free shipping with $60 worth of purchase. Here comes the quandry, do I really want to buy 20 boxes of bread mix... from a place that I have never tried before? I tossed and I turned and started filling out my shopping cart with stuff (typical woman). After I hit "purchase," I had second thought about $60 with free S&H versus <$25 + $5.95 S&H. So I idled on that page went about doing other stuff (typical procastination personality). Low and behold, an hour later I received an email from Dennis from The Prepared Pantry whom I assumed is the owner... or a VERY loyal employee cause this was 10:35 at night. Dennis said to me "We can see your order, can we help you?" LOL

I imagine that must be like dangling a piece of meat in front of some animals. :D "Oh c'mon, are you going to do it or not." LOL

I emailed him back to inform him of my situation: "Dear Dennis, I was debating long and hard about $60 w/ free S&H v. <$25 + $5.95 S&H. Then I got distracted by the stainless steel egg timer." Translation: "Somehow I don't think you can quite help me with my ADD, Dennis."

This one:



Isn't that just a perfect addition to my kitchen collection? I almost need to purchase a stainless fridge to go with my stainless steel egg timer. WHO doesn't need a cute STAINLESS STEEL egg timer?

Dennis, the loyal employee, wasn't going to let this big fish get away. In Chinese we call that "fat meat at the mouth" (yes, in the old days, fat meat was very precious). He emailed me back a link to inform me that I qualify for a FREE GIFT with my purchase. Little did he know, ADD L already had a new page open and had the free-with-$25-purchase egg timer in my shopping cart. :D

Long story short. We closed the $60 deal without further ado... mostly because of the stainless steel egg timer... and the extra free gift, my dear, loyal, readers, is my sixth cutting board. :D

No comments: